TIN Lost or Damaged

Your BIR ID is a government-issued ID that is honored by all government offices and private establishments. If you do not have a driver’s license, the BIR ID is the next best thing to show when you are asked for an identification (or your passport, if you bring it with you all the time). The BIR ID is perpetually valid but if it gets dilapidated over time or in case you lose it, you need to have it replaced immediately to avoid delays in your transactions such as filing income tax returns, VAT returns, and the like.

Last week, I shared the process on how to get a Tax Identification Number. Today, I am going to share the process on how to get a replacement TIN Card in case yours get lost or worn out.

How to apply for a new TIN card:

  1. Secure a copy of BIR Form 1905 (Application for Registration Information Update); you may download this from the BIR website at www.bir.gov.ph.
  2. Fill out the form, making sure that all entries are accurate and legible. If you are getting a replacement for a Lost BIR TIN Card, you need to secure a duly notarized Affidavit of Loss and attach this to your application. If you are getting a replacement for a dilapidated card, attach the old TIN Card to your application.
  3. Submit the form, along with the corresponding attachments, to the BIR District Office where your TIN is currently registered.
  4. Pay the replacement fee of P100 at the cashier; hold on to your receipt.

Some BIR offices are able to release the replacement card on the same day while others process all replacement cards by bulk. If the BIR office where you are getting your replacement card follows the latter, make sure you are given a phone number and a contact person that you can call when you want to make a follow up on the availability of your card. Do not lose the receipt of your payment, you will use that when claiming your card.

When you get your card, attach an ID photo and have it laminated.

For information on how to apply for a Tax Identification Number, here is our previous post.