Did you know that GSIS offers non-life insurance coverage not just for its members but also for their members’ immediate family, regardless if they are government employees? Yes, they do! Enjoy the most affordable premiums because GSIS does not charge documentary stamps; these are tax free as well.

The insurances are collectively known as GCARE and covers the following:

  1. Fire Insurance (Home Shield)
  2. Motor Vehicle Insurance (Auto Shield)
  3. Personal Accident (My Shield)

Apart from active GSIS members, the following may also avail of the above insurance coverage:

  1. Legitimate spouse of an active GSIS member
  2. Parent/s of an active GSIS member
  3. Legitimate children of an active GSIS member
  4. GSIS retirees and pensioners (regular and survivorship)

What are properties can be covered by the GCARE insurance?

Home Shield. Fire insurance for real and personal properties that do not have government insurable interest. This does not include properties that are mortgaged with Pag-IBIG. Properties covered (residential use):

  1. Residential unit
  2. Condominium unit
  3. Townhouse unit
  4. Apartment unit
  5. Household /business furniture /fixtures/personal effects owned by qualified assureds.

Auto Shield. Motor vehicles except the following:

  1. Public utility vehicles such as taxis, FXs with yellow plate, assembled jeepney with PUJ plates
  2. Motorcycles
  3. Commercial vehicles such as light/heavy delivery dump trucks.

My Shield. Personal Accident Insurance.

  • Death
    • 100% of the principal sum for loss of life
    • Total sum insured but not to exceed P100,000.00
    • Payment for the loss of life indemnity if an accident results to death within 180 days after the date of the accident.
  • Dismemberment and Loss of Sight Indemnity
  • Permanent Total Disability, with:
    • Medical expense reimbursement of 10% of principal sum but not more than P50,000.00 whichever is lower.
    • Bereavement assistance – P10,000.00

Here are the basic documentary requirements that an applicant must have when enrolling for any of the GCARE insurances. Note that additional documents may be required depending on the kind of insurance you are applying for:

For more information, you may call (632) 976-3430 to 31.