PSA Documents Re-verification for US Visa Applications

Reverification.jpgWhen applying for an Immigrant Visa to the U.S., an applicant may be required to submit additional documents to establish his eligibility. If this happens, the applicant is essentially “denied” under Section 221 (g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. There are no prescribed lists of documents you will be asked to submit; you will instead receive a letter from the US Embassy informing you of the additional documentation and how to submit these. It is important that you provide an active email address that you regularly access to avoid any delays in your response and submission as this will greatly affect your visa application.

In cases when the additional documents you need to submit are PSA-certified documents (or civil registry documents), such as: PSA Birth Certificate, PSA Marriage Certificate, PSA Death Certificate, you may follow the procedure below. These were lifted from

Option 1: Submit the Re-verification Form in person at the Pasay City Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) outlet:

  1. Go to the Pasay City PSA outlet.
  2. Complete the colored NSO document request form provided at the PSA outlet.
  3. Submit BOTH the colored NSO document request form and the Re-verification Form to the PSA clerk.
  4. Pay the required fee. Keep your receipt. This serves as proof you submitted the form to PSA.

Note: This form will only be accepted in person at the Pasay City PSA outlet.

Option 2: Log on to

  1. Click on the Order Now! Button.
  2. Choose the PSA document you need.
  3. Choose US Embassy Reverification; keep your reverification form.
  4. Fill out the Reverification Form Details and then click on the Submit button.

You also have the option to call the PSAHelpline hotline at 737-1111. If you are accessing the site with your phone, you will notice a “Call Now” green button on your screen. You may simply click on the icon to connect to a PSAHelpline customer care officer.

The PSA will submit the requested documents directly to the U.S. Embassy. All you have to do is be on standby for the embassy’s call or email regarding the status of your visa application. You may also contact the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501, or (632) 976-8502.

Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: