I am sharing the following table of SSS contribution as received from SSS recently. If you are an employer, it would be wise to have a print-out of this table to serve as a reminder of the deadlines you need to meet in remitting the contributions of your employees. This is also very helpful for voluntary members, OFWs, and self-employed individuals to stay informed in terms of contributions and record updates.
Be reminded too that as SSS members (and even employers who regularly remit their employees’ contributions), we are now strongly encouraged to have an online SSS account. This will allow us to transact with SSS remotely, file our claims, benefits, and loans within the comfort of our homes and offices, and check updates in our accounts without having to go to an SSS office. To create your SSS online account, visit this page: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/registrationPages/memberE1.jsp
Below are the Schedules of Contributions and Due Dates of Contributions tables for our reference:
Schedules of Contributions
- The monthly contributions are based on the members’ compensation (please refer to the first column).
- The current SSS contribution rate is 11% of the monthly salary credit, not exceeding Php 16,000.
- SSS contributions are shared by the employer (7.37%) and the employee (3.63%).
- Self-employed and voluntary members pay the full 11% of the monthly salary credit rate (MSC) based on the monthly earnings declared at the time of the registration.
- Minimum MSC for OFWs is pegged at Php 5,000.00.
- For non-working spouses, contribution is based on 50% of the working spouse’s MSC but in no case shall it be lower than Php 1,000.00.
Due Dates of Contributions
For Employed Members
- Payment deadlines help you avoid penalties for late payments on contributions and member loans.
- If you are an employee-member, your employer must pay your contributions and member loans monthly in accordance with the prescribed schedule of payment which is according to the 10th digit of the Employer’s ID number.
- Late payments will result to penalties and delays in the processing of your benefits and loans.
- Frequency of payment is on a monthly basis for business and household employers.
For Self-Employed and Voluntary Members
- The prescribed schedule of payment is also being followed, (depending on the 10th or the last digit of the Self-Employed (SE)/Voluntary Member (VM) SS number).
- Frequency of contribution of SE and VM can be on a monthly or quarterly basis. A quarter covers three (3) consecutive calendar months ending on the last day of March, June, September, and December. Any payment for one, two, or all months for a calendar quarter may be made.
- Contributions for the months of January to December of a given year may be paid within the same year.
- Contributions for the months of October to December of a given year may be paid on or before the 31st day (or last day ) of January of the succeeding year.
Due Dates of Loan Payments:
Member loan payments must be made monthly following the prescribed schedule of payment which is according to the 10th digit of the SS ID/Number.