In my last post, we covered the requirements for Church Weddings. Today, we are going to talk about Civil Wedding requirements and procedures for those who opt for the cheaper, faster, and more convenient way of getting married.
Ang list of requirements na ito ay para sa mga magpapakasal na parehong Filipino citizens. May pagkakaiba ang requirements kung ang isa sa ikakasal ay foreign national. I will post a separate research on that case soon.
2. Certified True Copy of Baptismal Certificate or Birth Certificate of BOTH parties.
As mentioned in our post on Church Wedding requirements, maaaring matagalan ang release ng iyong Baptismal Certificate lalo na kung hindi pa digitally filed ang mga kopya sa parish kung saan ka bininyagan. As an alternative, pwede naman na NSO Birth Certificate ang iyong i-submit.
Mas mabilis ang NSO Birth Certificate because all you have to do is order for a copy online at www.nsohelpline.com or tumawag sa (02) 737-1111. They can deliver your copies to your home or office in two to three working days.
3. Community tax certificates (CEDULA) of both applicants.
4. 1 ID photo of each applicant (colored background or black and white).
5. Certificate of Attendance to a wedding seminar. Unlike the Pre-Cana/Marriage Preparation Seminar mentioned in my last post (Church Wedding Requirements), this pre-marriage counseling is hosted by the city hall; it also covers family planning. Your attendance to this seminar is required before your marriage license can be released.
6. Letter of Intent to Marry. Include your name and your fiance’s name, your signatures, and your suggested wedding dates.
- Kung biyudo/biyuda ang isa sa ikakasal, kailangan mag submit ng Certified True Copy of Death Certificate of deceased spouse.
Tulad ng NSO Birth Certificate, pwede mo na din itong ipa deliver na lang para makatipid ka sa oras. You can order for a copy online by logging on to www.nsohelpline.com or tumawag ka sa hotline na (02) 737-1111.
- If divorced or annulled, a copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce or Court Decision and Absolute Decree of Finality from the court.
As always, sa mga ganitong preparations, whether sa simbahan or civil rites ang kasal, kailangang maagap tayo, lalo na sa mga documentary requirements. Last-minute preparations can be costly and might even be the cause of the occasion’s delay.
Bookmark this page for future reference. Sharing is caring, folks!