Bonjour. Mabuhay.

Marami ang nagtatanong tungkol sa surname nila na ginagamit.  Mayroon kasi na surname ng mother nila ang ginagamit for various reasons na alam na natin halos lahat.

For these cases, there comes a time when the person wants to use the surname of the father, no matter how old the person is. Possible? Yes.

Here’s how your do it:

Go to the local civil registrar where you are registered.

File for Acknowledgement or Affidavit to use the surname of the father (AUSF)
Who can file?

> father

> mother

> legal age owner

> guardian

Requirements needed?

> NSO birth certificate
> accomplished AUSF with the signature of the father (accomplishment of AUSF form can be done at home together with the sign of the father, so no need for fathers personal appearance at LCRO office)

> Consent of the child if legal age (18)

> Any two of the following

1)   Employment records
2)   SSS/GSIS records
3)   Insurance
4)   Certification of membership in any organization
5)   Statement of Assets and Liabilities
6)   Income Tax Return (ITR)


It’s easy. Go inquire with your local civil registrar if you need this.

Just make sure that you do not have double registration. Now that’s a new set of problems altogether.