NSO : Out of Town Registration of Birth

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

It’s the start of the new week after a long break and I was browsing on old information when I found this. I think it is worthwhile to get us informed again on this matter, para sa mga hindi pa nakakaalam.

Do you know what an out-of-town reporting of birth is?

I’m sure you know what an out-of-town vacation is, so you have a head start already.

Well, read on to know if you have the right idea.

An out-of-town reporting of birth is meant as:

An out-of-town reporting of birth occurs when the Certificate of Live Birth is presented to the civil registrar of a city or municipality which is not the place of birth, not for registration but to be forwarded to the civil registrar of the city or municipality where the birth occurred and where it should be registered.

The duty of accepting Certificate of Live Birth for out-of-town reporting by the concerned civil registrar may also be performed by the Civil Registrar-General of by his authorized representatives who are the Regional Administrators and Provincial Statistics Officers of the National Statistics Office. (Rule 20, A.O. No. 1 s 1993).

So ready ka na mag -pa out of town registration? Read below to know what you need to bring.

1. The party who is applying for out-of-town reporting of birth shall execute an affidavit declaring therein, among other things, the facts of birth and the reasons why said birth was not recorded in the civil registrar of the city or municipality where it occurred. The affidavit which must be attested by at least two (2) witnesses, shall serve as an application for registration shall be submitted to the civil registrar together with four (4) copies of the Certificate of Live Birth;

2. If the application is for delayed registration of birth, the requirements under the rules governing delayed registration of birth shall also be complied with;

3. The civil registrar or the authorized representative of the National Statistics Office to the application for out-of-town reporting is presented may require from the applicant such other supporting papers as may be considered necessary in establishing the facts of birth especially those pertaining to the date and place of birth and affiliation of the child whose birth is being sought for registration;

4. The Certificate of Live Birth, for the purpose of this Rule, shall have the marginal annotation in the form of the following remark : ” Registered pursuant to Rule 20 of the Administrative Order No. 1, s. 1993″ ; and,

5. The civil registrar of the city or municipality where the out-of-town reporting is sought, upon receipt of the Certificate of Live Birth and pertinent papers, shall proceed with the registration. He shall indicate the date when he received the document, and shall sign over his printed name in appropriate space in the Certificate of Live Birth. When the Certificate of Live Birth has been duly recorded and assigned a registry number, the civil registrar shall send back the original copy to the civil registrar or the authorized representative of the National Statistics Office who forwarded the Certificate of Live Birth, who in turn shall give the copy bearing the registry number to the registrant. (Rule 20, A.O. Order No. 1 S. 1993)

Source: www.citizenservices.com.ph/blog
Originally posted on census.gov.ph

Hope this helps.




Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

41 thoughts on “NSO : Out of Town Registration of Birth

  1. Good Afternoon po. Yung baby ko po pinganak sa Makati. Pero di po namin agad siya naparehistro dun gawa nang nasa Bicol yung papa niya kasu dun nag wowork kaya di po agad mapirmahan yung Birthcert niya. So I’m curious po, if ever mag pa Out-of-town Late Registration po ako sa anak ko dito sa Bicol, ang magiging birthplace niya po ba is maiiba? I mean di na sa Makati? And also po, may “Out-of-town Late Registration.” po ba dito sa Sorsogon Bicol? Pasensya na po kung maraming tanong. Sana po mapansin.

  2. Gud day po tanong q lng po pwd po ba ung late register kumuha ng passport khit late register?ano po requirments ng pagkuha ng passport?at magkano po bayad 10yrs validity?thank u po

  3. Master zen tanong ko lang po kung naaprobahan na po pwd na a magpa PSA ? eh nung august 2016 pa po kasi naaprobahan yung BC q nasa akin na po pati ung transmettal hanggang ngaun po april 16, 2017 Hindi pa po ako nagpapaPSA hanggang Klan po valid yung transmittal request?salamat po sa pagtugon

  4. Hello! good day po? ask ko lang po, wala po akong birth certificate since birth, sa Leyte po ako ipinanganak at dito na po ako nakatira sa Quezon City more than 7 years palang po at negative po ang lumabas sa NSO, balak ko po sanang mag pa late register ng birth certificate.. ano po ang dapat kung gawin? kelangan ko pa po bang umuwi sa Leyte?

  5. Good day po masterzen, master dmating Na po Yung birth cert ko at approved n po Ito Nung August 31, at sinabi Sakin ng taga lcr Na puntahan ko raw sa NSO tapos pinalakad ko sa pawnshop,ngaun po dmating Na ung PSA q kaso negative cert. Ang nakuha ko…bakit po negative Yung nakuha ko?o sasadyain ko po talaga sa PSA sa main qc?

  6. Good day po..
    Master,tanong q lang po matagal po ba approbahan ang out of town late register?kasi tinanong q po ung nag interview sakin sabi q Klan q po malalaman kung may record na aq…sabi po sakin hintayin q raw po ang text NLA d2 sa munisipyo ng cavite d2 po kc AQ nagfile eh ipapadala raw po nila sa cotabato ang requirments q nung june 9 pa po aq nagfile hanggang ngaun po wala pang text n dumarating salamat po sa inyong sagot…

  7. Master,wala po akong record SA nso may negative po akong nakuha.tnanong ko po SA magulang ko kung may BC ako wala raw po eh dito n po aq.lumaki SA cavite pero SA North cotabato po ako pinanganak.out of town delayed registration po ba ang ipafile ko?d2 n rin po ba SA cavite ang birth place ko? Magkano po ang magagastos?kung out of town po.advance thank you po

  8. Itatanong ko LNG po,pagnagfile b ng out of town late registration ang birth of place q po b eh mapapalitan n rin? Pnanganak po kasi aq SA North cotabato eh lumaki n po aq d2 SA dasmariñas cavite d2 n po aq nag Aral mula elementary hanggang high school d2 n rin po aq nakarehistro sa comelec

  9. tanung ko lang poh tungkol sa middle name ko wen i was a single ung gamit ko poh since i was born is DUPAL-AG din nong ng.college poh ako kumuha ako ng NSO CERTIFICATE DIPAL-AG poh ung lumabas.paano poh un?kasi ang gamit ko ngaun dipal-ag na poh pero sa marrage contract ko poh dupal-ag ano poh dapat kung gawin pra maayos ko poh ang mga papers ko.

  10. good day po maam/sir,tanung ko lang poh ung anak ko poh kasi d pa poh cya na register since birth ano poh ba ang dapat na gawin?at kung ano po ang mga kailangan?

  11. for an “Out of Town. LATE Registration of Birth”.
    what are requirements needed to do this?
    the rules of where I submit or where the birth is due to be registered?

    again your advice listed here in the site is well appreciated

      1. I would follow the requirements of the city I submit . NOT the city I will have it registered in..
        I re ask as the city I register has an additional requirement that I am unable to fulfill
        in i did the registration in person, Now i am in the province I cant submit this requirement, the city in which i will submit, ( they will forward to city of birth) does not have this requirement , ( i have read the various rules.requirements but still unclear)

        again, thanks so very much for the blog. it has been a blessing to my questions

      2. the city that I will FILE requires only a NSO of no birth listed/record,
        the city that the birth is to be registered requires
        BOTH NSO and LCR of no birth record,
        . that is if I registered in person in that city,,
        yet it will be an “Out of town birth “registration” . as I understood from you and NSO rules, I follow the requirements of the city in which I file
        . not the city in which is to be registered unless I am in person,


        .excuse the repeat of question , as i needed it to be clarified slightly .
        would you have the nso section/rule regarding this in case the local civil registry is uncertain .
        I ask, as once they said i must follow XXX, when i question them
        regarding this,, i stated that XXX was only if ZZZZ applied . then they reviewed the “rules” and I was partly correct , . and in turned save some time and another trip to LCR office
        again your blog is so helpful

  12. I am an OFW here in Thailand and is presently living in with another OFW here. We are both married (to different spouses) back in the Philippines. We are both separated from our respective spouses (though not legally). Very recently (8th February 2013), we had our first born, a cute little girl whom we named as Princess Regina Kasandra. The birth certificate issued to her has her mother’s maiden surname and my surname. I am a bit confused when I came across some legal articles about children born to an adulterous relationship like ours. I really want our child to have my surname and her mother’s maiden surname. I am sure that her mother’s husband won’t allow the use of his surname by our child. (I don’t want too.) I hope you can enlighten us about this. What are the legal remedies that we may undertake to make sure that our child will have her rightful name. Thanks a lot.

    1. When you register with the Philippine embassy para sa record ng bata baka hanapan kayo ng marriage certificate para sa pangalan ng bata.
      Kung sasabihin ninyo na hindi naman kayo kasal, pwede mo pa rin acknowledge ang bata ng ama para magamit ang surname. Pipirmahan mo ang birthcertificate

  13. ask ko lng po wla po record yung father ko sa nso .sa bicol po pinanganak ang father ko d2 po kmi nktra sa mlapit sa manila.nagpunta po ako sa munipyo ng manila pd daw po mag palate register dun khit po sa nabua camarines sur pnanganak yung father ko.3500 daw po ang babayaran at after 4 mnths ko pa daw po mkukuha yung copy ko sa nso.22o po ba yun?

    1. Posible yan. Out of town late registration.
      Siguraduhin mo na may resibo ang babayaran mo at may records or documents ka na hawak. Ibig sabihin may LCR copy yan na gagawin. Kuha ka ng copy nun.

  14. Hi, Good Day po!
    In the Municipality po sa BC ko nakalagay Davao City instead of Panabo City since I was registered by my father in DAVAO CITY LCR. Is it okay lang po ba? Will it be considered out of town? Or I really need to have it corrected po? I was born po year 1986 sa hospital po which is in between Davao City and Panabo so I guess thats the reason why my father registered me in Davao City. I hope you can help me po. Thanks!

  15. master,

    good day!irht
    meron po akong problem sa M.I ko sa birth cert ko, pero napaayos ko n po ito sa munisipyo namin naipa LBC ko na rin po ito sa NSO QC noong november 2011, my problem is 1yr na po ang lumipas hindi ko po ito napupuntahan sa QC until now, kung pupuntahan ko po ba ito sa QC ok pa rin po ba? or kaylangan ko ulit magpaayos sa munisipyo at another submision sa NSO QC?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: