For those living in Manila, planning to visit the Manila City Local Civil Registrar for their birth certificates or other registration concerns, this is the second in a series on the requirements and protocols you might need to know.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE MIDDLE NAME OR MOTHER’S NAME OF DOCUMENT OWNER (NOT MARRIED) UNDER RA 9048
1. 2 latest certified/local copies and 2 latest NSO copies of birth certificate to be corrected
2. 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate/death certificate of mother. If certified of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate or marriage contract of mother’s 2 brothers or sisters.
3. 2 latest certified copies of marriage contract of parents. If certification of no record was issued, please submit birth certificate of documents owner’s brother or sister at least two (2).
4. 2 copies of baptismal certificate
5. 2 copies of school records (Elementary and High School either F-137/138 or Certification) or College (TOR)
6. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voters affidavit. (COMELEC)
7. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence
8. Other documents which the office may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition. GSIS/SSS Record, Diploma (Elem., HS or College/Vocational), Medical Record, Business Record, Service Record, Insurance, Certificate of Land Title, Passbook, etc.
9. SPA (Special Power Attorney), If the petitioner is not the document owner like auntie, uncle godparents, client, friend, officemate etc.
1. All civil documents (Birth, Marriage and Death) to be submitted should be the latest certified
local copy or security paper from NSO
2. After the compliance of the requirements, please proceed to the information counter and get a number for the pre-interview and bring the original copies of the supporting documents (Personal Records) (Only with complete requirements are allowed for pre-interview)
3. Steps to follow will be provided after the Final Interview
4. Processing of the petition is four (4) months. Will commence on the date the petition will be receive by this Office
5. Payments are as follows: Registration Fee (P 1,000.00)/Certified Xerox Copy (P230.00) and Transmittal Fee (P210.00) and Additional Payment of P30.00 (document with supplemental report)
NO INTERVIEW EVERY FRIDAY
Sourced from: http://www.manila.gov.ph/citycivilregistry.htm
Note that you can opt to have NSO certificates delivered to you by calling (02)737-1111 or checking www.birthcertificates.com.ph
1st of the Series:
CORRECTION OF CLERICAL ERROR IN THE MIDDLE NAME OR MOTHER’S NAME (MARRIED)