If you have plans of getting married, you will surely need a marriage license to get things going. Did you know that you need a lot of things to prepare when getting a license? Read on…
Requirements for MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION
(2 weeks processing / Subject to Ten (10) days posting)
1. Certified Copy of Birth / Baptismal Certificate – bring original
2. Residence Certificates
3. Parental Advice (21 yrs. – below 25 yrs. old)
4. Parental Consent (18 yrs. – below 21 yrs. old)
5. Pre-Marriage Counseling (from DSWD and MHD)
6. Divorced Paper/Annulment Paper (if divorced/annulled)
7. Death Certificate (if widow/widower)
8. Barangay Certificate
9. Legal Capacity to marry issued by the Embassy (for foreigners)
10. Xerox copy of Foreigner’s Passport (for foreigners)
11. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
Application for Marriage License must be accomplished in own handwriting of applicants at the Civil Registry Office where one of them resides. LEFT column for MALE & RIGHT column for FEMALE.
Know more about NSO certificates here.