Want to know what a Vanity Plate is? Read on:
Vanity License Plate (VLP) refers to the optional motor vehicle (MV) plate for the purpose of establishing personalized identity of the motor vehicle to the registered owner.
* A single VLP is issued in conjunction with the regular plate and is installed at the space allotted for the rear license plate of the MV by superimposing or placing it on top of the regular license plate.
* The VLP shall be issued to the MV owner and shall belong to the owner with an effectivity period for life unless revoked by LTO due to violation and non-compliance to existing mandatory MV registration laws and regulations.
* The Vanity Plate shall only be issued to the MV owner and assigned to a registered owner if such motor vehicle have been issued a regular license plate.
* A vehicle owner may apply for transfer to another vehicle subject to the given processes and rules of issuance, and the related fees.
* The physical service life of the VLP shall be within a period of five (5) years. After which, the VLP owner shall request for re- issuance of new plate bearing the same alphanumeric combination upon payment of re-issuance fee.
* Authorization of commemorative plates will no longer be granted upon implementation of the vanity plates program. However, existing commemorative plates shall be allowed to mature its validity period with no further extension.
* The following classes of MV under the four (4) wheel category duly registered with the Land Transportation Office shall be eligible to avail of the vanity plate:
o Existing MV: Cars; Sports Utility Vehicles(SUV); Vintage & Collectors; Asian Utility vehicles; Sports Pickup.
o New MV: Cars, Sports Utility vehicles; Asian Utility Vehicles; Sports Pick up.
* The following classifications of MV shall not be covered by the program:
o Existing MV: Public Utility Vehicles; Cargo Trucks (private/for hire); Service Vehicles (hotel limousines, tourist vehicles, car rentals); Government Vehicles, Diplomatic/Other Exempted Vehicles.
o New MV: Public Utility vehicles; Cargo trucks (private/for hire); Service Vehicles (hotel limousines, tourist vehicles, car rentals); Government Vehicles, Diplomatic/Other Exempted Vehicles; More than four (4) wheel category.
More blogs on Vanity Plates to follow…..