Bagong Bayani ka ba na nagbabakasyon?
Here are some guides that you might find useful to get an Overseas Exit Clearance.
- Valid Passport
- Re-entry visa, work permit, or any equivalent document
- Proof that worker is returning to the same employer (company ID, employment certificate, pay slip, etc.)
Household Service Workers returning to Singapore shall present a copy of latest employment contract duly verified by the POLO in Singapore.
· P 100.00 – POEA Processing Fee
· P 900.00 – Philhealth Coverage Premium
· US$ 25.00 or peso equivalent – OWWA Membership Fee
A Worker-on-Leave with valid OWWA membership and PhilHealth coverage shall only pay Php 100.00 for POEA processing fee
Forms of Exit Clearance
Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) – issued by the POLOs and other regional offices.
E-receipt – integrated receipt for payments of POEA, OWWA, and Philhealth fees that also serves as the exit clearance at the airports. E-receipts are issued by the POEA central office, POEA Cebu, and POEA La Union.
The e-receipt and OEC are issued in 5 copies, a copy each for the POEA, the OFW, LAC, airline, and airport authority and are valid for 60 days from the date of issuance.
Multiple Travel Exit Clearance (MTEC)
The multiple travel exit clearance is a set of two or more clearances issued to airline cabin crew, flight attendants, off-shore workers, and other workers for use as an exit document that is valid for twelve months from date of issue.
Where to get the Balik-Manggagawa Exit Clearance
Filipino Workers-on-Leave or Balik-Manggagawa may now secure Exit Clearance from the following:
1. Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs)
2. POEA Central Office
Balik-Manggagawa Processing Center, Ortigas Ave. corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
3. POEA Regional Offices
Located in Baguio City; San Fernando City, La Union; Clark Field Angeles City; Calamba City; Legaspi City; Tacloban City; Iloilo City; Bacolod City; Cebu City; Cagayan de Oro City; Davao City; Cotabato City; and Zamboanga City.
4. POEA Labor Assistance Centers
Located at NAIA-1, NAIA-2, Mactan International Airport, and Diosdado Macapagal International Aairport in Clarkfield Pampanga.
· For returning workers who are on emergency leave for not more than one week, provided the worker has proof of valid membership with Philhealth and OWWA
· LAC issues a one-day exit clearance to an OFWs who is already in the airport and have a flight to catch, and after the POEA officer has established that the worker would lose his job if not allowed to leave within that day
5. POEA-Deputized OWWA Regional Offices and Units
OWWA Tuguegarao – Sycanco Bldg., Bonifacio Street, Tugegarao, Cagayan
OWWA Regional Unit – Caraga – 44 J.C Quirino Avenue, Butuan City
6. Teleserv Express Clearance System
Teleserv is a courier service for returning workers who have not much time to secure their exit clearance at the POEA offices.
One-way application process – The worker proceeds to the Teleserv counter at the POEA Balik-Manggagawa Processing Center.
The exit clearance shall be delivered to the worker’s address within 2 days from the date of filing, and shall include refund of OWWA and/or Philhealth fees if membership is still active.
Two-way application process – The worker can log in to www.oecdelivery.com.ph to avail of the full service.
Who are considered Balik-Manggagawa?
A balik-manggagawa or a worker-on leave refers to an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who is on vacation or on leave and is returning to the same employer.
Persons NOT qualified as Balik-Manggagawa
- Dependents of overseas Filipino workers
- Persons who are traveling on student visa.
- Persons who are traveling on business visa
- Permanent Residents of foreign countries
- OFWs who have changed employers but have not reported for work prior to travel to the Philippines
Use of exit clearance
Having an exit clearance is proof that the worker has undergone the legal and right procedure of overseas employment. Being a registered OFW, the worker is accorded the full protection and benefits from government institutions while he is working abroad and upon his return to the Philippines.
It also exempts the OFW from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fee.